Here are the things that are on my mind.
1) I had way too much fun this weekend. For real. Between our company party and the Basilica Block Party, I mean, I just went all out. My body is hating me for it- but you know- life is short and I had a really good time and made like 47 new friends. Also, Ben Harper and Ingrid Michaelson were sooo great live.
This is Derrick, Ellie's husband. We are having so much fun with them. Ellie and I work together- though she is moving to a new agency soon. Bummed about that, but totally clear that God wanted us to meet.
2) I am getting a new trainer. I know. This one has been tough for me. It just hit me this past week that it's ridiculous that I was working out with a trainer for almost four years and then I've just done nothing worthwhile (except spurts here and there) for the last year. So I decided to bite the bullet and start interviewing trainers at the Y. It's not going to be pretty- the process of getting back in shape. And it's not going to be Ahmad. I mean how often does your trainer end up being like your best friend? Or your brother from another mother? Once in a lifetime, man.
3) Also, I have my interview to be a Teen Mom mentor this week. Okay, after this weekend, it's questionable whether I should be giving anyone advice on life...but I am still pushing through. Ha.
4) My friend Sommer and I are keeping each other accountable for losing 25 pounds. Starting today. And we are going to do a race in early fall here in Minne. Holden and I went to Lake Harriet Saturday to begin training...
5) I tried online ordering and grocery delivery on Friday. I ordered everything around 8:30 p.m. and it was all at my door by 8:00 a.m. GAME CHANGER. So amazing. I probably won't do it all the time- but man- in the winter, that is going to be clutch.
6) Davis and I went to Krissy's son, Charlie's birthday party yesterday. It was the first party where you were sort of supposed to drop your guy off and come back at the end. Well...Davis was NOT having that. He can be so shy sometimes. The party was so fun and it was so cool that someone came from the zoo and taught the kids (and me) a ton about these reptiles. Davis was NOT into those reptiles either. That guy...
7) BOB SCHNEIDER is this Friday. Seriously cannot wait.
8) The MLB All-Star game is here tomorrow and downtown is already going bonkers. Of course Bennett is getting to go. He is flying a bunch of landlords in from all over the U.S. and they are going out to this fab place for dinner tonight (Bar La Grasa), then they are golfing tomorrow morning and going to the game in the afternoon. So fun.
9) We will be headed to Texas in less than two weeks- yahoo! CANNOT WAIT.
10) My tomatoes are blooming. Does produce bloom? I don't know, but you get the point. Davis and Holden love watering them and checking in to see their progress. One plant is big boy, and the other is cherry tomatoes.
11) Today is a NEW day. With no mistakes in it...yet. (Anne of Green Gables)